Appalachian League teams have announced their managers for the 2023 season. That group includes four brand-new faces with more than 150 years of combined experience in professional baseball. Former big league manager John McLaren, along with Dennis Cook, Bill Kinneberg and Kevin Boles, will join the league for the first time under its new summer collegiate ball format.
Highlights from the 2023 All-Star Game
Mike Mancini's RBI Triple
Hayden Cooper closes out the West win
Alumni in the Minor Leagues
Bluefield alum McGeary turns triple play
Former State Liner Mendlinger makes diving stop
The Appalachian League announced that the league’s charitable outreach grew to more than $3.4 million of gift-in-kind and monetary donations this year. Additionally, the league and its clubs volunteered more than 11,000 hours of community service.
Appalachian League executives participated in the 28th annual MLK Day of Service on Jan. 16, 2023, volunteering in nine communities across North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia. Tabbed as a “day on, not a day off” to celebrate the life and legacy of the Civil Rights leader, MLK Day is the only federal holiday designated as a national day of service to encourage all Americans to volunteer to improve their communities.
- State Liners alum Paul Gervase earns South Atlantic League All-Star honors
- Pair of Appy alums tapped for Fall League
- Bristol State Liners receive 2023 Lee Landers Community Service Award
- Patrick Ennis named 2023 Executive of the Year
- Greeneville Flyboys named 2023 Promotional Award winner
- Johnson City Doughboys named 2023 Organization of the Year
- Burlington's Kenny Mallory Jr. named 2023 Appy League Humanitarian of the Year
- Bluefield Ridge Runners announced as 2023 Patriot Award recipients